We are constantly recruiting & certifying tutors! Join the company with raving media reviews – from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Apple, PBS, Scholastic, Forbes, NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, Fast Company & many Others.
You will be part of an exciting and fast-growing team as an online/digital math tutor with Thinkster Math. Our team consists of skilled, motivated, and highly passionate math tutors from around the world.
Our tutors utilize technology, data, and AI-enabled insights to deliver incredible student learning outcomes.
Who is this job for?
This is for anyone seeking a math tutor position from anywhere in the continental U.S.
Are you a certified teacher or math tutor and have always wanted to open your own franchise or tutoring center, but never did so because of the complicated process? Do you currently teach Math somewhere and are looking for an additional income? Do you have a teaching degree, yet not teaching in a classroom environment?
Thinkster Math is an educational technology company. We believe that passionate and capable teachers and tutors should not be limited to helping 20 or so students in a classroom but be able to reach out and help many more. We are looking for Math teachers and tutors who are looking for part-time positions and enjoy working from home.
Thinkster spends marketing dollars on acquiring customers, and the tutors’ job is to manage and retain the students. By providing tutors with a structured curriculum, insightful data on how students learn, and a CRM system to manage their classroom, we have created a system where motivated tutors are able to handle a large number of students (dependent on your time commitment). We automate most repetitive and administrative work that tutors typically need to do and leave the analytical and communication part of the job to teachers.
We have thousands of customers in over 30 different countries and have grown tremendously in the last 7 years.
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- Ability to work from home 100% of the time
- Professional work experience
- Creative freedom
- Great culture
- Provide daily grading for on worksheets submitted by students ( can be done any time of the day)
- Teacher assigns work to students once every two weeks to once a month depending on student study plan, how much work they do (can be done any time of the day)
- Conduct live one-on-one tutoring sessions with certain students (evenings, after school hours, weekends – all prescheduled with parents)
- Complete phone calls/ conference calls with parents ( can be set up between 12 pm – 10 pm EST, prescheduled with parents)
- Send Weekly Reports and Progress Reports to keep parents updated on Student work
- Attend to email communications with parents, answering questions regarding progress/ assignments/ school work help, etc
- Attend all tutor meetings
- Keep up with all changes implemented in processes, operations, content, and communication with parents
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in elementary/ middle or high school
- Strong Math skills and confidence in providing solutions to Math problems
- Strong communication skills to share insights into why students make errors
- Awareness of the Common Core and Curriculum across the US
- Confident in using and learning new Technology
- Excellent Communication skills with Parents and Students
- Ability to handle process change and work in an adaptive environment
- Ability to teach the subject matter as well as assessing the student’s knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis
- Proven track record of dependability and professionalism
- Good interpersonal and rapport building skills
Other Requirements to Know Before Committing to Certification Process
- You must own an iPad generation 5 or newer model and a laptop
- You must be very comfortable and confident about working with Technology
- You are looking for this job as a long term option
- You will need to decide the hours you are willing to work prior to signing the contract with us
Certification Timeline and Requirements
- Total Certification time is about 10 hours from beginning to end. The sessions are split into various phases and take about 2 – 3 weeks. This includes live sessions and independent assignments/exercises that candidates have to complete.
- Live Sessions are conducted on Skype and are prescheduled between candidates and our Certification Leader.